Huia 2 Weekly Reminders

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Winter is coming

Brrrrrrrr! Its freezing you can tell winter is coming, everyone at school is wearing there jumpers, scarfs and beanies. We are lucky because it is beautiful and sunny but the wind is really cold and it is harder to get out of my lovely warm bed in the mornings!
Netball is under way and lots of us are attending netball after school and we are all enjoying it.
Mrs Irwin doesn't like it when we don't wear our jackets or jumpers because it makes her feel cold. Let's hope the year 8 have good weather for their camp next week.


Here is a poem about winter By Mark R Slaughter: 

                                                                               Winter
A cracked lip; raw skin.I pined for orange flicker
Dancing off a cheery fire.
A gelled blast of arctic air
Had caught me unawares
Reinforcing my desire.
Turning down an avenue,
I froze; suspicious trees  
Likely destined for a pyre
Were laughing off the icy chill  
Of callous winter nights.
And I? Simply to retire
Snug, inside a balmy chair
Of warming solitude
Ah! my carol, my festive choir.





\

No comments: