Huia 2 Weekly Reminders

Monday, March 5, 2012

2012

In 2012 we have started a great year with the wonderful Mrs Irwin.
We are going to be busy as ever, just like last year! We've already done lots of work in Topic, learning about early New Zealand and Te Tiriti o Waitangi . So far we have put up two displays of our work: our Personal Profiles and our 'Me, Myself and I Magical Musings'. They look terrific! Here are some pictures and examples of each. Hope you will enjoy Huia 2's blog and keep following our progress.



This is Mannat's Me Myself and I Magical Musing poem




I am a communicative person who loves her family.
I wonder, what lies beyond, in the depths of the beautiful, blank blue seas.
I hear fascinating fireworks, frequently sprinkling colour onto my existence.
I see a blurry face in front of me, determinedly inspiring me to move on.
I want to feel the warmth of India, my birthplace, at least once more.
I am a communicative person who loves her family.
I pretend that life is just a game, with little lies and exciting accomplishments.
I touch my old, crinkled photograph of Granddad and sense the comfortable cuddles he gave me every misty morning in India.
I feel amazed when I hear my grandmother’s clear, meaningful messages- all in Hindi - flying through tiny electronic appliances.
I worry that maybe one day this world will end, maybe one day I won’t have any hands to hold.
I cry when defenseless creatures are tortured for cosmetic purposes.
I am a communicative person who loves her family.
I understand that everything can’t be perfect even though I would love it to be.
I say that each child in the world should have a right to a childhood.
I dream of walking on the puffy pillows of the sky and lying down in the blue blankets of the sea.
I try to hold the hands of the helpless to pull them into my lovely life too.
I hope that my life stays bright,  that it stays colourful and that it stays peaceful.

I am a communicative person who loves her family.

Mannat




This is Selina's Me Myself and I Magical Musing poem

I’m a curious person who is environmentally friendly

I wonder how I can help to change the world for the better

I hear my dogs tail whipping through the air

I see my parent eyes twinkling with pleasure and pride

I want every country have an equal and fair society

I’m a curious person who is environmentally friendly

I pretend I’m a cool contemporary dancer colouring the eyes of the amazed audience

I touch the wings of a soft, smooth, silky butterfly

I feel contented when I trace the shining stars in the stunning sky

I worry about the mystery of when I might die

I cry when mother nature continues to destroy my crushed and crumbled country

I’m a curious person who is environmentally friendly

I understand that nothing is or will be perfect

I say no to absurd animal and child abuse

I dream that I’m a brilliant, beautiful bird flying freely beyond the blazing blue sky

I try to do everything the right way wherever I am

I hope one day I can encourage the younger generations to not waste education


Selina
This is Zaid's Me Myself and I Magical Musings

I’m a friendly person who’s not afraid to speak his mind.

I wonder what happens in the afterlife.

I hear the whispers of the people dying in Iraq.

I see beautiful birds with rainbow like wings flying through my mind.

I want to go back to the ancient Babylonian times to see how the people lived in my ancient country.

I’m a friendly person who's not afraid to speak his mind.

I pretend I’m leading a strong and proud empire for my country

I touch the slippery slimy scales of a fish while letting it go back into the sea.

I feel angry when dictators make stupid decisions for their country and its people.

I weep for the people dying in vain as they try to get democracy for their countries.

I am a friendly person who’s not afraid to speak his mind.

I understand there can’t be peace throughout the world.

I say people shouldn’t judge other people’s religions and cultures.

I dream that one day I can set a footstep on the moon.

I try to make every else’s lives as bright and marvelous as mine.

I hope that one day I will travel all over the world

Zaid





No comments: